InventUM is the online news portal for the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and the University of Miami Health System – showcasing research, clinical care, medical education and community outreach. We are taking the lead in transformational research that uncovers new targeted therapies, clinical trials that offer new hope and inspired approaches to medical education that will better serve South Florida and the region.
If you would like to reach a member of the media relations team, click here.
Want to tell us your news?
If you are faculty member, staff or student at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine or the University of Miami Health System, we want to help you announce news about a published study, clinical trial, noteworthy grant, prestigious award or other work you’re doing. With your help, we can choose an appropriate outlet to share your accomplishments. Keep in mind that the sooner we know, the better we are able to plan accordingly.
Please read the following guidelines in order to better help us share your news. Fill in the form below and someone from our team will contact you to follow up.
- Contact us as soon as possible after your paper has been accepted.
- Describe your role in the study, i.e., first author, principal investigator, etc.
- What journal? We will need a publication or embargo date, if one has been determined.
- Provide a brief description of the findings of the study in lay terms.
- How does the discovery impact a research challenge, improve medical care or impact the general public?
Received a major award or grant:
- How much is it and for how long?
- Who awarded it?
- How will the money be used?
- What makes that work unique?
Compelling patient story:
- Please provide a short summary and what makes this story unique.
- Where is the patient from?
- We will need you to ask the patient for consent in order for us to contact them.
Starting a clinical trial:
- What is the trial for? What phase is it?
- What makes it exciting or promising?
- How will it be conducted? (randomized? blinded?) And how long will it run?
- Is this the only South Florida site, or Florida site?
- Please be sure you have IRB approval for us to promote the trial.