Yasin Bez, M.D.,Maria Hadjikyriakou, M.D., and Marisa Perera, Ph.D., join the Department of Psychiatry Behavioral Sciences at the University of Miami Health System and Miller School of Medicine.
Name: Yasin Bez, M.D.
Title: Associate Professor of Psychiatry
Clinical Specialties: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry
- Psychopharmacology in children and adolescents as well as adults diagnosed with depression, anxiety disorders, ADHD, obsessive compulsive disorder, social phobia, bipolar disorder, and other mood disorders, schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders, Tourette's syndrome, and tics.
- Pediatric Psychiatry
- Psychiatric Research
- Emergency Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Fellowship–Psychiatry-Child & Adolescent, UM-JMH Division of Psychiatry, 2022
- Residency–Psychiatry, UM-JMH Department of Psychiatry, 2020
- Residency–Psychiatry, Marmara University School of Medicine, 2007
- Medical School, Marmara University School of Medicine, 2001
Certifications: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Languages Spoken: English and Turkish
Practice Location: CRB Building
Name: Maria Hadjikyriakou, M.D.
Title: Assistant Professor for the clinical educator track at the Miller School, psychiatrist as part of the Psycho-oncology and Cancer Support Services Team at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
Clinical Specialties: Psycho-oncology, Consultation-liaison Psychiatry
Research Interests: Improving quality of life and mental health outcomes for cancer patients
- Fellowship–Consultation-liaison Psychiatry, University of Miami and Jackson Health Systems, 2021-2022
- Residency–Psychiatry, University of Miami and Jackson Health System, 2017-2021
- M.D.–Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA, 2013-2017
Certifications: Board certified by the American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry in General Psychiatry
Language Spoken: English
- Outpatient appointments at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center- Miami and Plantation locations
- Inpatient consults at UHealth Tower
- 305-243-UMMD (8663)
- 844-900-UMMD (8663)
Name: Marisa Perera, Ph.D.
Title: Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Clinical Specialties: Reproductive mental health
Research Interests: Fertility stress, onco-fertility, perinatal mental health, health disparities impacted by minorities, digital interventions
- Fellowship – Rush University Medical Center, Chicago IL, 2020-2022
- Residency – Miami Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Miami FL, 2019-2020
- Ph.D. – University of Miami, Miami FL, 2014-2020
- M.S. – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI, 2013-2014
Language Spoken: English
Practice Locations: Don Soffer Clinical Research Center; Telehealth